Hibernia College Back
University accreditation applies to courses from this institution
An Established Leader
Hibernia College is an established leader in pioneering new education technologies and embracing change in the ever-evolving world of education.
Founded by Sean Rowland PhD at the turn of the new millennium, Hibernia College follows an ambitious and forward-thinking strategy in order to play a leading role in education for the future. Dr. Rowland brought together his colleagues from the corporate, education and technology communities to create Hibernia College, Ireland’s first and only, accredited online third-level institution.
An Online Education Model
Hibernia College has developed a model of online education that is successful because it is dedicated to helping professionals meet their current work challenges and by continually building on the interactions of students and faculty.
We educate professionals around the world who want access to the very best online education available.
Awards and Recognition
- Digital Media Awards “Best in Digital Learning” Finalist 2016
- Eircom Spider e-Learning and Education Award 2013
- UK e-Learning awards: Gold and Bronze 2010
- Selected to partner with five UK universities to solve the shortages of Science and Mathematics teachers in England in 2010
- UK e-Learning awards: Silver and Bronze 2009
- Hibernia College founder Dr Seán Rowland named one of the ‘100 greatest self-made Irish entrepreneurs’, Irish Entrepreneur Magazine 2009
- Endorsed by Becta as an exemplar of ‘next education learning’, winning in 2009
- UK e-Learning awards: Silver 2008
- Hibernia College founder Dr Seán Rowland, named ‘Ernst & Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year 2008’
- ‘Best e-Learning Company’ title at the Digital Media awards 2007
Quality Assurance at Hibernia College
Hibernia College offers a range of degree programmes validated and awarded by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). Our professional teaching qualifications are accredited by The Teaching Council of Ireland.
Hibernia College is also a research node of Plymouth University, approved to offer PhD research supervision to appropriately qualified students, leading to a Plymouth University PhD.
Quality is core to the work of Hibernia College both in terms of quality assurance and quality enhancement and, as such, the commitment to quality is embedded in the work of all staff and influences the work of all departments.
The College has developed detailed and rigorous policies and procedures to assure the quality of its programmes and other services. Collectively these are referred to as the Quality Assurance Manual (QA Manual).
The QA manual reflects an ongoing commitment to international best practice through a range of mechanisms that seek to continually monitor, review and enhance. It is regularly reviewed for its effectiveness and input from external experts as well as students, staff and other key stakeholders is an important strength. The ongoing involvement of all internal and external stakeholders is emphasised throughout the procedure documents.
The QA policy includes the College commitment to publish information relating to quality assurance policies and reports in an accessible manner. The output of the quality assurance procedures is typically a report summarising findings and identifying specific recommendations. For reports from recent QQI-led quality assurance reviews, please click here
Any feedback on the policies and procedures contained within the manual is welcomed and should be forwarded by email to email@example.com for the attention of the QA Officer, with quality assurance as the email title.
9-10 Fenian St
+353 (0)1 661 0168