Lithuanian Society of Human Genetics Back
University accreditation does not apply to courses from this institution
Lithuanian Society of Human Genetics (LSHG) is a non-profit professional organisation, which unifies many specialists from Lithuania engaged and/or interested in human and medical genetics: clinical geneticists, medical geneticists, laboratory doctors, biochemists, medical biologists, physicians, lectors, teachers, residents, students, etc. Also, everyone who is interested in human and medical genetics and supports the activities of the LSHG can join it.
Lithuanian Society of Human Genetics was established in 1991. Thus it is a young organisation. LSHG was integrated into the International Association of Human Biology in 1996. One year later it became a member of the International Federation of Human Genetics Societies.
Activities of the LSHG are aimed towards:
- improving health of the population of Lithuania,
- training Lithuanian specialists in the field of human and medical genetics,
- development of human genetics research and dissemination of its achievements.
The main fields of activities:
- development of legal acts and other regulations aimed to improve genetic services and research in Lithuania;
- participation in the certification of clinical and medical geneticists;
- organisation of training of Lithuanian specialists in world leading centres of human and medical genetics;
- organisation of national and international scientific events;
- arranging scientific and popular publications in the field;
- collaboration with other professional societies, public organisations, education institutions in Lithuania;
- collaboration with human genetics societies in other countries.
Activities of the LSHG are closely interrelated with the activities of the Centre for Medical Genetics (CMG) at Vilnius University Hospital Santariškių Klinikos, and the Department of Human and Medical Genetics of the Faculty of Medicine of Vilnius University.
Santariškių street 2